I can only imagine how outraged Eritreans are at the senseless accusations made by one of their own.
Some are asking whether Mr. Gezae Hagos is of Eritrean origin; others are asking whether he is paid by the Ethiopian government.
None of these two inquiries are true. Mr. Gezae Hagos is born and bred Eritrean and no; he is not paid by the Ethiopian government.
Mr. Gezae Hagos along with two other Eritreans was sent to McGill University 10 years ago to study law. Due to some issues that I will explain in a different article, he did not finish his schooling and was seen working as a dish washer in a Montreal Pub Restaurant in Upper Lachine .
During Mr. Gezae Hagos’s claim for asylum in Canada (and while studying at McGill University ) , Mr. Gezae Hagos was a staunch supporter of the Eritrean government and was posting pro-eritrean government articles in popular Eritrean websites accordingly. Please note that his refugee claim was based on the fact that if he was ever sent back to Eritrea he would be persecuted;
Reason why I think his refugee claim was bogus:
- Mr. Gezae Hagos was sent to McGill University to study law; If Mr. Gezae Hagos was persecuted as he claims; would he be able to receive full scholarship to one of the most prestigious University in Canada ?
- Mr. Gezae Hagos was attending most of the so called government events while he was claiming refugee status in Montreal
- Mr. Gezae Hagos wrote profusely in support of the government of Eritrea during his refugee claim period
- Mr. Gezae Hagos’s parents came to see him from Eritrea without having the Government of Eritrea oppose their departure from Asmara 3-4 years ago. I am sure that he did not pay the so called 2% tax to have his parents visit him? But if he did , is he not in violation himself of funding the governement and it military?
That these looks like someone that has been persecuted by the Eritrean Government?
While in Montreal (he abandoned McGill University) without finishing his studies , he was not (allegedly) declaring his income to the Canada Revenue Agency. He was allegedly collecting welfare while working under the table. He was therefore allegedly committing two offences under Canadian law.
It is worth noting that this Pub in question is frequently visited by the Eritrean community In Montreal . One needs to contact anyone in Montreal to confirm this assertion.
That this look like someone that Canadians should listen to?
Mr. Gezae Hagos did not pay a single penny to study in Eritrea ; He graduated from Asmara University in Law and then was sent abroad to do his Masters ;ALL of this on Eritrean taxpayers’ money ; and Yes on the 2% Diaspora tax . Not only Mr. Gezae Hagos did not return back to Eritrea and serve his country as he swore to do before leaving his country, but he failed to finish his studies…what a waste of our hard earned money.
Now, for someone that
· has lied on his refugee claim
· lied to Revenue Canada
· was educated entirely with Eritrean Tax payers money
· wasted our hard earned money by failing to finish his Masters
to label our heroes as terrorists is not only disgraceful and but ungrateful.
I invite you all to call on Immigration Canada and Revenue Canada to do due diligence on Mr. Gezae Hagos´ past and present.
Afeworki Teame H.